The job of Warehouse operative was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the warehousing operations with specific responsibilities of transporting orders over designated routes; ensuring safe operation of vehicles; and loading and unloading orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in receiving stock into our Distribution Centre and allocating them in the correct designated areas. Ensuring picking list for customer orders specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Cleans warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
- Can be able to deliver a variety of products to customers addresses.
- Drives vehicles (e.g. truck, van, forklift, etc.) for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated sites.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Maintains delivery vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fuelling, cleaning, etc.) if required, to maintain the safe operation of vehicle.
- Maintains records (e.g. delivery log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable resource information.
- Participates in physical inventories to ensure accurate stock data, identify and report anomalies to the Line Manager.
- Performs all functions within the scope of the warehouse operations for the fullfilment of customer orders.
- Prepares orders by pulling from stock accurately, palletise if required for safe and efficient loading into both, company and customer vehicles.
- Adhering to ROCCIA’s good housekeeping rules at all times.
- Be the final happy professional face for our customers collecting their orders.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the warehouse.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include adhering to safety practices; operating equipment used in warehouse operations; operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: basic computer use, basic vehicle maintenance, and safety practices and procedures. ABILITY is required to schedule activities and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others and operate equipment using standardised methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; and utilise job-related equipment. Some problem solving may be required to identify issues and select action plans. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working in inclement weather; and physical stamina.
£9.00 per hour
- Bonus scheme
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Store discounts
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
All Current Government COVID Precautions In Place