Somehow, we’re now only a matter of months away from the end of the year, and 2018 is looming. While this may scare some people, we can’t help but get a little bit excited for all the new interior design trends that we can expect to see in 2018. In fact, we’ve already been thinking about some of the beautiful designs, colour palettes and styles of 2018.
Bright and Bold
It looks like we’ll be saying goodbye to the ever so sweet pastel shades of the past year or two, as we welcome a new year of bright and bold colours. At the International Home & Housewares Show earlier this year, Pantone made some predictions about the colour palettes we will be seeing in 2018. Eight colour palettes were revealed:
- Verdure – nature-inspired colours which symbolise health; largely made up of greens, blues and purples
- Playful – a bright palette featuring exciting colours such as minion yellow and lime green
- Discretion – understated, yet elegant, tones featuring deep purples, roses and subtle purple-greys
- TECH-nique – stand-out, bright colours which consist of bright turquoise, pink and purple hues
- Far-Fetched – a warm and earthy palette that seeks to work across cultures with its earthy shades of pink, yellow and orange-brown
- Resourceful – this palette is anything but subtle, as it combines shades of blue and orange
- Intricacy – this is the new minimalism, with neutral metallic mixed with a pop of holly berry red and yellow sulphur
- Intensity – an elegant yet bright palette with shades of blue, green and pink, balanced with black and gold
If you’re looking to build these bright colours into your design, our U-Color tiles are perfect, as they enable you to build the look you want.
City at Home
This trend brings the harsh textures and materials of the city into the home. You can expect to see plenty of exposed brickwork and rough textures throughout, using materials such as metal, cement and brick.
If you’re looking for a modern look that isn’t too polished or perfect, this is a great style to go for. In fact, this is one of the best things about the look, as nothing has to be perfect – if the edges are a little rough, it just enhances it!
We have plenty of tiles to choose from that would be perfect for this look, from our creative concrete tiles to our brickwork tiles.
The natural patterns of marble are everywhere at the moment, not just in the home, but on phone cases, notebooks and jewellery. However, we’re looking at a refreshed and striking take on the stone, with perfect whites combined with the blue-grey swirls that give a pop of colour, yet maintain the elegance and luxury of the look.
While we have plenty of marble-inspired tiles to choose from, we love our Scot tiles, as they offer a little drama to the look and provide a beautiful blue-grey touch that contrasts perfectly.
It looks like we have plenty of exciting trends in store for 2018, and we’ll be ready to help you achieve your look for the new year with our selection of floor tiles and wall tiles. You can visit us at our showroom in Preston or Bolton, where you can see our tiles on display and talk to our advisors who will be more than happy to discuss your next project with you.