As the summer months approach, many people across the UK are keen to make the most of the brief bit of sun we have. Whilst it’s always good to get out of the house to enjoy a family picnic in a park or at the seaside, having the option to stay at home whilst enjoying some home cooking is also tempting. But if you don’t have the perfect outdoor space to enjoy your food in, this can be a less than appealing option.
Ensuring you utilise your garden to its maximum potential can really make or break your summer at home; with that in mind, we thought we’d put together a handy guide on how you can effortlessly bring your kitchen outdoors, whilst creating an idyllic garden space.
Install Bi-fold or French Doors
First up, if you’re looking for a truly seamless journey from your kitchen to your outdoor area, our first suggestion is to install some stunning bi-fold or French doors.
Bi-fold doors are the more expensive option, but there’s no doubting they are a fantastic addition to any home. Their modern aesthetic perfectly complements almost any interior, and if your kitchen happens to back on to your garden then you should definitely consider these doors.
Installing this type of door into your home brings a whole host of benefits, including:
- Gives your house a genuinely seamless transition from your home to the outdoor area.
- If your home doesn’t have much natural light, bi-fold doors are a fantastic addition as they allow plenty of light in.
- Their modern aesthetic fits into almost any home interior.
Another fantastic option is to install French doors to your home as they give you all the benefits bi-fold doors bring for a fraction of the price. Whilst they may not be as pleasing to the eye as bi-fold doors, they are certainly a fantastic option when trying to create a simple transition from your home to garden.
Add A Stunning Outdoor Tiled Area
Now that you have the perfect doors installed into your home, it’s time to start thinking about how you can build an outdoor area to be proud of. Of course, many people’s ideal is to have an expansive grassy area with all manner of colourful and vibrant plants scattered around. But the reality of this is that it’s extremely difficult to maintain in the long term, so opting for a more condensed area of grass and plants is certainly more manageable.
Choosing to install a tiled area just as you step out of your newly installed bi-fold or French doors can create an idyllic garden and is especially useful in the summer months. A well-tiled area is easy to maintain and offers a great space to bring the indoors out to your garden. It’s also worth noting that a tiled area essentially acts as an extension to your kitchen and dining area, as you can simply add a dining set to your outdoor area for the warmer months of the year.
When it comes to outdoor tiles and large format tiles, there is a huge range of styles to choose from that are ideal for use in outdoor spaces. Just a few of our favourite tiles that are suitable to be used outdoors include:
- Natural Stone Effect Outdoor Tiles – For many, the ideal outdoor space will have authentic and natural undertones. Our range of natural stone effect outdoor tiles provide the perfect balance between looking completely natural, whilst boasting extremely high durability.
- Wood Effect Outdoor Tiles – If you’re toying with the idea of purchasing wooden decking, but you’re not completely sold by the idea of having this in your garden, wood effect outdoor tiles could be for you. Wooden decking can be pretty bulky and can take up precious space in your garden, whilst our range of wood effect outdoor tiles are compact but extremely durable.
- Marble Effect Outdoor Tiles – Maybe you’re looking to make a real statement with your outdoor eating area? Marble effect outdoor tiles are a true showstopper and can easily act as the focal point of your outdoor area.
Invest in Garden Furniture
You’ve now got the bare bones of a fantastic outdoor kitchen area, so it’s time to start adding some high-quality pieces of furniture so your family and friends can fully utilise your new area when summer hits.
The first piece of furniture we’d suggest purchasing is a high-quality outdoor table and chair set as this will act as the centrepiece for your new outdoor area. It’s absolutely key that you don’t try and cost-cut on this purchase if possible, it needs to be extremely durable as it will have to face the elements if you aren’t in a position to store it away in the cooler months.
Now that your family have a place to eat outdoors, why not invest in a BBQ? When you think of summer, the first thing that probably springs to mind is having a BBQ with friends and family. So why not make your home the go-to place for the summer by investing in a BBQ set? There really is nothing quite like some grilled meat and vegetables, along with a simple salad when the sun is beating down on your back garden! If you’re not the BBQ type, you could always opt to simply cook your food indoors and dine outside.
If you follow the above tips, your garden will appeal to both family and friends as a place to spend time in. Ensuring you make the most of your outdoor area during the summer months is vital and not doing so can lead to being stuck indoors during good weather. If you are looking for the perfect outdoor tiles for your home ahead of the summer, be sure to visit our tile showroom in Preston or tile showroom in Bolton, where our friendly team will be on hand to assist you further.