2018 has been an exceptionally busy year for the team here at Roccia; we have experienced a huge amount of success this year, from announcing growth plans to winning an award. With this fantastic year coming to a close, we wanted to round up some of our good news stories and share them with you.
We were extremely proud to be named Medium Business of the Year at the BIBA Awards back in September. The Roccia team were presented with the award at Blackpool Tower’s ballroom in front of a sell-out audience. On the night, we were entertained by pop legend Lulu – it’s a night we won’t forget for a while! Following the big win, we were invited for an interview on BBC Radio Lancashire, where radio presenter John Gilmore interviewed Yaseer Ahmed.
Speaking after the event, Zabir Patel, Managing Director at Roccia Tiles and Bathrooms, said he was delighted to win such a prestigious award.
“To be nominated was an incredible achievement, so you can imagine how pleased we are to win the award, especially when we saw the other great companies we were up against.
“This award caps off years of hard work by the whole team here at Roccia. Now we’ll place focus on continuing to grow the business even further in the coming years.
“We have really tried to place heavy emphasis on ensuring our customer service is second to none, so winning this award means an awful lot to us.”
Roccia were also nominated as a finalist for The Tiling Association’s award for Commercial Project of the Year. The nomination came about following the work we carried out for Raza Jamia Masjid at Accrington Mosque. Although we didn’t win, we are exceptionally proud to be nominated for such a prestigious award and look forward to continuing to provide exceptional tiling services for our clients into the New Year.
During 2018, we placed heavy emphasis on continuing to grow our operation, which led to Roccia opening a new distribution centre just a few minutes away from our Preston tile showroom. The facility has over 30,000 sqft of storage available, which means that collecting your tiles has never been easier. Also, we purchased a new delivery truck to ensure we are able to continually provide our customers with the best experience possible when purchasing from Roccia.
This year we also had our planning permission request approved for an extension to our existing showroom, where we will introduce a dedicated kitchen area in the near future.
That’s not all that Roccia have to be proud of this year either; here’s an overview of our key achievements and news from the last 12 months:
- Roccia supplied and fitted the biggest Geometric Mosaics composition in Europe for an external façade at the Zakaria Education Centre in Yorkshire.
- Roccia’s directors treated the whole Roccia team (65 staff) to an all-expenses paid 2-day residential trip to Scotland.
- Shiraz, a member of our Sales staff, celebrated 20 years of working at Roccia/Tile Mart.
- Roccia held charity events where charity cheque presentations were also carried out – in June 2018 we were proud to provide support to the Rosemere Cancer Foundation.
- We participated in a number of exhibitions this year – such as Grand Designs and homebuilding and renovating ideas, which were held in May, September, October, and November at London, Birmingham and
- A few members of the Roccia team visited Italy regarding the enhancement of our product range to keep up with the upcoming trends within the industry.
- We organised trade days and trade training events for cutters.
- We announced a partnership with Preston College where we will open a Tiling Apprenticeship School
- Finally, we held a number of family events for our staff including a BBQ, EID, fun days and team go-karting.
We would like to wish each of our valued customers a very Merry Christmas and hope you have a fantastic New Year. The team here at Roccia are extremely excited to see what 2019 brings after the success of 2018.
Be sure to visit our tile showroom in Bolton or tile showroom in Preston to view the products in our winter sale, where you are sure to find a fantastic selection of tiles suitable for all manner of projects at massively discounted prices.